Wednesday, October 15, 2008

My Debut

The arrival of a new loom seems like the perfect time to begin a weaving log and maybe to share a few really great recipes at along the way. Weaving and eating are two of my favourite things to do, so combining them seems like a good idea.


My 12 shaft Louet Spring arrived on October 7 and it was really exciting to open the boxes and start to learn about the loom from the bolts up and really get a feel for the whole thing! I have never received anything so well packed, it was amazing.


After ording the loom, I had decided that the best way to get to know her would be to put a comfort warp of tea towels on her as soon as she arrived. So a week before "Lily Louet" was to arrive I started to make the warp. A 10 yard striped cottolin warp, sett at 24 epi was my choice. I started to pull the stripes and 3/4 of the way through I could see that the green wouldn't make it if I stuck to plan. So back to PCW and after a few adjustments I was able to feel confident that I'd have enough of every colour to finish the warp. This messing about took time and I had just finished chaining off the warp when the truck pulled up. Unbelievably, it was only about 10 minutes.


So now a few days later I have Lily warped and ready to go.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Welcome to the blogging world!
This will be fun following along with your projects. Almost like being next door... and I'll bring the goodies for the coffee break.

Hugs, Susan